Since 2017, BNVKI collaborates with the Netherlands Platform for ICT Research (http://www.ictonderzoek.net/). On the initiative of the BNVKI board, a Special Interest Group on AI has been created, consisting of researchers from each of the 12 IPN institutes, which are representative for the AI community in the Netherlands. Having the status of a special member of IPN, the main objective of the SIG is to help shape the national research agenda on Artificial Intelligence in the Netherlands. This is done by creating an overview of the Dutch research groups and companies that are active within the field, formulating a vision on future developments, and communicating with national scientific and governmental organizations.
The co-chairs of the IPN SIG AI are:
- Koen Hindriks (Delft University of Technology)
- Tibor Bosse (Radboud University)
The members of the IPN SIG AI are:
- Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica: Peter Grunwald, Eric Pauwels
- Delft University of Technology: Catholijn Jonker, Marcel Reinders
- Eindhoven University of Technology: Georgo Angelis, Peter van Otterloo
- Leiden University: Aske Plaat, Suzan Verberne
- Maastricht University: Gerhard Weiss, Marc Winands
- Radboud University: Tibor Bosse, Bert Kappen
- Tilburg University: Eric Postma, Pieter Spronck
- University of Amsterdam: Zeynep Akata, Thomas Mensink
- University of Groningen: Rineke Verbrugge, Bart Verheij
- University of Twente: Dirk Heylen, Jos van Hillegersberg
- Utrecht University: Mehdi Dastani, Linda van der Gaag, John-Jules Meyer, Arno Siebes
- Vrije Universiteit: Frank van Harmelen, Mark Hoogendoorn
In September 2018, the IPN SIG AI created a draft version of the Dutch AI Manifesto.
For more information, please contact Koen Hindriks (k.v.hindriks_AT_tudelft.nl) or Tibor Bosse (t.bosse_AT_ru.nl).